Last updated: 19 December 2022
1.1 This policy does not apply to websites, applications, or services that display or link to other privacy policies.
2. Our Approach to Data Privacy
2.2 Oscar's Farm operates a service that allows you to order pet food using our online web application oscarsfarm.com and, in future, our mobile applications (collectively the “Oscar's Farm Service” or “the Service”).
2.4 Oscar's Farm is the data controller of the personal information we hold about you.
3. Data Collected by Us
3.1 We may collect, use, store and transfer data about you that is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. Without it, we may not be able to enter into a contract with you.
- Identity information: such as first name, last name, username, password, and identify photographs provided by you.
- Account information: such as purchase order history, payment history, your interests and preferences, and your communications to and from us.
- Contact and billing information: such as postcode, billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Payment Information: such as bank account and credit/debit card details. Oscar's Farm uses a third-party payment provider and as such the Payment Information is not visible to Oscar's Farm.
- Technical information: such as IP address, referring website URLs, login data, browser type, browser version, time zone settings and location, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use.
- Usage information: such as the pages or content you view, search activity, bookings you have made, and other actions on the Service.
- Marketing and communications information: such as your marketing and email preferences.
- Anonymised demographics and traffic information from third party services, such as Google Analytics.
4. How we Collect Data
4.1 Information provided by you
- Filling in forms or by contacting us via our website, apps, phone, text, email, social media or other means.
- Registering or starting to register an Oscar's Farm account.
- Making a payment through the Service for products/services.
- Subscribing to a promotion or survey.
- Completing a customer feedback questionnaire or contacting our customer support.
- Entering competitions and/or promotions via email or social media.
- Opting to receive marketing communications.
- Provide details of any changes to your account information.
4.2 Information collected automatically by Oscar's Farm
- Web pages and content you view, your searches, bookings made by you and other actions on the Service.
- Log data and device information such as IP address, referring website URLs, login data, browser type, browser version, time zone settings and location, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use.
4.3 Information collected via from third parties.
- If you link your Oscar's Farm Account with a third-party service (e.g. Google, Facebook), the third-party service may send us information such as your profile information from that service.
- We may also allow our business partners to access the tracking technologies on the Oscar's Farm Service, or engage others to track behaviour on our behalf.
5. Our Use of Data
5.1 To operate, maintain and develop the Oscar's Farm Service.
- To provide you with the featured functionality and use of the Service.
- To develop new products or features.
- To customise the pet food plan we recommend for your pet.
- To create and enter into a contract, and/or taking steps to enter into such a contract, to facilitate shipments of pet food to you.
- To facilitate payment transactions.
- To send you service related communications such as policies, order confirmations, support messages, updates, security alerts and account notifications.
- To provide customer service to address your queries and feedback.
- To provide any other services authorised by you at the time of collection of your data.
5.2 To create and maintain a trusted platform.
- To detect and prevent fraud, spam, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- To conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- To protect Oscar's Farm and to comply with applicable laws.
- To enforce Oscar’s Farm’s Terms of Service and other policies.
5.3 Provide, personalise and improve Oscar's Farm’s marketing.
- To send marketing material that may be of interest to you via email, notifications, and phone.
- To administer referral and rewards programmes, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities managed by Oscar's Farm or its third-party partners.
- To deliver to your address gifts or promotional materials.
- You can opt-out of marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instructions included in our marketing communications.
6. Data Security
6.1 We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, change or damage. All personal information we collect will be stored on secure servers and all electronic transactions entered into via our Service will be protected by SSL encryption technology.
6.2 If you suspect any misuse, loss or unauthorised access to your data, please let us know immediately via email at email@example.com.
6.3 We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
7. Data Location and Transfers
7.1 Data we collect may be stored and processed in your country or in any other country where we or our affiliates, subsidiaries, or service providers maintain facilities. These processing locations are chosen to increase efficiency and performance, and to protect information in the event of an outage or other problem.
8. Data Retention
8.1 We will only retain your data for as long as necessary to provide the products and fulfil the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements, or until you request that the data be deleted.
8.2 In some instances your data may persist, even after an erasure request, on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
8.3 In some instances we may anonymise your data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
9. Data Sharing
9.1 We reserve the right to share your data in specific circumstances with:
- Our employees, agents and/or professional advisors.
- Partners assisting with the delivery of services offered by Oscar's Farm.
- IT and system administration service providers.
- Our corporate group of companies that are related by common ownership or control.
- The competent authorities who may require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Payment providers who process payments made via the Service.
- Third parties in connection with a transaction, such as a merger, sale of assets or shares, reorganisation, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business.
10.2 The following types of cookies are used by Oscar's Farm:
- Strictly necessary Cookies: These Cookies are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log in to secure areas of our website. Without these Cookies services like billing cannot be provided.
- Functionality Cookies: These Cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (eg language settings).
- Performance Cookies: These Cookies recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Third party cookies: When interacting with the Service, several third party cookies are stored in your browser by some of our analytics/performance providers and marketing partners.
- The Service may contain electronic images known as Web beacons, which are used to compile aggregated statistics to analyse how the Service is used and may be used in emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients.
10.3 You may disable Cookies at any time through your browser settings. However the rejection of these Cookies may have the effect on some functionalities of the Oscar's Farm Service.
10.4 You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
10.5 More information on Cookies can be found via the following link: www.allaboutcookies.org.
11. Your Rights
11.1 In accordance with European Union privacy law, you have the following rights in respect of your personal information that we hold:
- Right to access: to request copies of the information we hold about you. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse a right of access request for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Right to correct: to have incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected We may need to verify the accuracy of the new data provided.
- Right to erase: to have the data we hold about you delete or removed from our systems. We may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Right to object: to the processing of your personal data when a serious and legitimate reason arises.
- Right to restrict our use of your data: to restrict us from using your data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to withdraw consent: of your personal data at any time for our future processing.
- Right to data portability: to request your data in a format in which it can be transferred to another provider.
11.3 If you are not satisfied with the way your data is handled by us you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority in your country, but we encourage you to first contact us with any questions or concerns.
12. Links To Third Party Sites
12.1 Our Service may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites, plug-ins and applications. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our Service, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
13. Our Policy Towards Children
14. Changes To This Policy and your duty to inform us of changes
14.2 It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
15. Notice To You
16. Governing Law And Jurisdiction
16.1 This Agreement is governed by the laws of the Republic of Ireland and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
17. Contact Details